The implementation of good corporate governance at Algol Chemicals Oy is supported by the Algol Group’s Code of Business Conduct.
Line of business: Wholesale trade of industrial chemicals
Kalle Kettunen, M.Sc. (Tech.), MBA.
The Board of Directors
- Leif Frilund, M. Sc. (Chemical Engineering). President & CEO of the Walki Group since 2007.
- Johan Grön, D. Sc. (Chemical Engineering). Lamor Corporation, COO since 2022. Previously Vice President, Biogas, and Member of the Management Team at Gasum Oy, as well as Senior Vice President at Outotec.
- Petri Helsky, M. Sc. (Economics and Engineering). Previously President & CEO of Suominen Corporation, as well as several management positions in the paper and chemical industries.
- Joakim Flinck, M. Sc. (Econ.). Deputy CEO & Group CFO, Algol Group. Previously, among others, Flinck has held senior positions in the finance operations of Paroc Group.
- Algol Group CEO Alexander Bargum is the Chairman of the Board.
The responsibilities of the Boards of Directors of subsidiaries cover the following:
- Appointing the company's Managing Director; matters related to the remuneration of senior management.
- Compensation scheme (within the overall framework set by the Group).
- Short-term and long-term strategic operational goals and actions, as well as monitoring and addressing deviations in these goals and actions.
- Annual financial targets, taking into consideration the owner’s expectations, as well as monitoring and addressing deviations in these targets.
- Analysis and monitoring of business risks and opportunities.
- Regular contacts with the Managing Director and the company's other operational management.
- Strategic investment initiatives and their preparation for processing by the parent company.
- Stakeholder issues (such as customer satisfaction, developing the portfolio of principals, HR issues, etc.).
- Monitoring compliance with policies and guidelines set by the Board of Directors of the parent company.
The subsidiaries of Algol Chemicals
Algol Chemicals has subsidiaries in several countries. These subsidiaries comply not only with the Algol Group’s Code of Business Conduct, but also with national legislation within their countries.
The subsidiaries are
- Algol Chemicals AB (Sweden)
- Algol Chemicals AS (Norway)
- Algol Chemicals ApS (Denmark)
- Algol Chemicals OÜ (Estonia)
- Algol Chemicals SIA (Latvia)
- UAB Algol Chemicals (Lithuania)
- IOOO Algol Chemicals (Belarus)
- TOV Algol Chemicals (Ukraine)
- Algol Chemicals India Pvt. Ltd. (India)
This is us
Each year we are responsible for around 40 000 product deliveries. We provide our services to over 3000 industrial companies throughout the Nordic and Baltic regions, Belarus, Ukraine and India.Read more
Algol Chemicals has subsidiaries in several countries. These subsidiaries comply not only with the Algol Group’s Code of Business Conduct, but also with national legislation within their countries.Read more
We comply with the Algol Group’s responsibility policy and business principles, which define the ethical principles for the operations of all business units and employees. Completing Algol Group corporate responsibility, we are dedicated to the chemical industry’s international Responsible Care programme.Read more